Need to Find a Doctor, Dentist or Vision Specialist?
What are the acceptable reasons for taking a loan from my Annuity Fund account?
In certain cases, you can take out a loan from your Annuity Fund account. Reasons to take out a loan include:
- Buying or fixing a principal residence
- Medical bills that are not reimbursed by medical insurance
- Educational expenses (tuition) at an accredited school, including vocational school, at any level
- Expenses incurred for the legal adoption of a child
- Funeral expenses incurred because of the death of your Spouse or a dependent child
You are eligible to apply for a loan if you are actively employed by a Contributing Employer, and you have been so employed for at least three years. You may have only one loan outstanding at a time. An outstanding loan balance (active or defaulted) must be paid in full prior to applying for a subsequent loan (except those loans that were defaulted prior to January 1, 1996). The maximum loan amount is the lesser of $50,000 or 50% of your account balance.
For more information, please go to the Annuity Fund section of this site.